Monday, February 24, 2014

Daffodils in Bloom

My husband went to Walmart to pick up cat and bird food when he spotted a beautiful collection of Daffodils in bloom.  He is so thoughtful isn't he! ... He knows how I love these beautiful flowers.  

Daffodils are usually thought of as the "flower that means spring."  It is so nice to be reminded that Spring is not far off  if they have Daffodils available in Walmart already.


Of course whenever I see beautiful things,  it is nice to preserve them forever with my camera.

I had a little extra time and decided to try out both of my Canon camera lenses just to see what different results there would be with the two different lenses.

Most of the photos were taken using a Canon 6D camera with 24-70mm f2.8L series lens.


The next two photos below were taken with the telephoto lens just to experiment.  
The telephoto lens is a EF70-200mm f/4L series lens.



For me, not being a real photographer,  it is hard to tell very much difference, 
but overall I would say the zoom lens is the sharpest,  at least in these photos.



I am still trying to figure out how to use the focus points on the camera.  It is so much fun just snapping pictures that I have not studied how to effectively use the camera.



It was a nice surprise to turn the Daffodil bouquet container around and see these Hyacinth
flower buds sprouting on the other side.


 It will be nice to see what color they will be.


We are not through with Winter around here just yet.  It is forecast to be 31 degrees in a couple of nights and we are in the South!  I can only imagine what it must be like up North.  But, looking at these Daffodils blooming so beautifully, we all know Spring could not be that far away.

Wishing you beautiful days and many blessings wherever you may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment