Sunday, May 25, 2014

Happy Memorial Day


Happy Memorial Day 

Memorial Day is a special day in the United States of America set aside to honor the men and women who died while serving in military service for our country.  This holiday is celebrated every year on the last Monday in the month of May.  On this day Government offices, schools, banks and most businesses are closed.

It is traditional to have cook-outs and family gatherings and to fly our American flag at half mast from dawn until noon.  

This day is traditionally thought of as the beginning of the Summer season.  However, Summer does not officially begin this year until June 21.

As we remember and honor all of the men and women who died for our country, we wish you a blessed holiday wherever you may be.


And I'm proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died.
who gave that right to me. 

~Lee Greenwood

No comments:

Post a Comment