Friday, September 5, 2014

It Is Getting Dark Earlier!

School began in our area about 2 weeks ago.  Labor Day has come and gone.  The days are beginning to be a little shorter,  or I should say it is getting dark earlier.  Yes, we all know what that means ... Fall will be here before we know it.

There is something so wistful about Summer coming to a close.  Memories sweep back to the freedom of Summer with school being out for the children and grandchildren.  No schedules, no homework and playing outside until dark.

As I walked down to the pond a couple of days ago,  was it my imagination or was there a slight golden tint to a couple of trees there on the island.  Just a slight little hint of Fall ... Maybe!


I checked with Mr. Google to see how many days of Summer we have left to enjoy.  Officially we have until September 22 at 10:29 PM.   Yes, as of today, we have 17 more days of Summertime.

There is still time to get your favorite book, find a comfortable spot and enjoy the rest of Summer.


Of all things, driving past the pond yesterday I spotted a family of turkeys walking through the pasture.  They seemed very comfortable and happy to be sharing their space with me.  I just hope they know to hide out when Fall and Thanksgiving arrive.

The below photo was taken with my iPad

I surely do hope it has been a pleasant Summer for you in your area as well.

I wanted to tell you all how much I appreciate you stopping by Sweet Southern Days this week.  How special to see you have visited from the United States,  France,  Germany,  Ukraine, United Kingdom,  Russia,  Poland,  The Netherlands,  Australia,  India,  and Italy.

One of our grandsons is taking French in high school and he loves it!  The teacher plans to take the class to France sometime during the school year and the individual students will be staying in individual homes in France,  and visiting with the residents there ... How special!  I wish I could be in his pocket and peek out and see what he will be seeing.  I am going to encourage him to take lots of pictures and hopefully I can post them here.

Again, thanks to all of you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.  Wishing you a happy weekend wherever you may be.


No comments:

Post a Comment