Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day 2016


Happy Mother’s Day
2016
This is one of my very favorite photos of my Mother taken many years ago while she and Daddy were visiting the beach.  My sweet Mom has been gone for many years now, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her so fondly, especially today on Mother's Day


If she was still with us I would love to give her a beautiful bouquet of roses.
My sweet husband found these amazingly beautiful roses at our local Fresh Market.


According to Mr. Google, Mother's Day has been celebrated since the year 1908.  In 1914 President Woodrow Wilson officially signed a proclamation designating Mother's Day be held on the second Sunday in May in honor of all mothers.


My Mother loved flowers and would so very much have enjoyed seeing the Roses 
 and the Irises growing in our beautiful Tallahassee Springtime.
These are for you Mom!


To all Mothers out there,
I wish you a most wonderful
Happy Mother’s Day
wherever you may be.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! Enjoyed it so much! the picture of you Mother on the beach is so so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beach Gypsy, Thank you for stopping by for a visit. I do so appreciate your sweet words about this Mother's Day post. I am wishing you many blessings, and do hope you stop by for a visit in the future. Pat in Tallahassee

      Delete