Thursday, April 11, 2019

My Orchid Is Finally Blooming

Hello Everyone!  I surely do hope you have been doing well and enjoying this amazingly beautiful Springtime.

How can time gallop by so fast?   I looked back, and it has been a good long time since I have added a post to Sweet Southern Days.  It was very heartwarming to receive an email from a reader today who lives here in Tallahassee, asking if the blog was going to continue.  Thank you, Miss Eileen, for the kind and sweet email.  And, yes, I love to take photos of the beauty all around and share on Sweet Southern Days.

One photo I took recently, which is seen below, is an Orchid Plant which finally decided to bloom.  A friend gave this plant to me a couple of years ago.  All this time it has never bloomed.  If you too have an Orchid Plant that has not bloomed,  you may benefit from some of these steps I have learned along the way.  And I am sure there are more tips that may help, but these worked for me.

1.  Water under the leaves once a week for one minute. Let drain and put back in a good light.

2.  Since my Orchid never bloomed, I re-potted the plant in a recommended Orchid Pot (from Walmart),    using special Orchid Soil (also from Walmart).  It was not long after doing that that I noticed little flower buds growing on this long stem.


And before I knew it the flowers had all opened.
This was definitely a first for me to have an Orchid Plant blooming.


It is so surprising to me how long this Orchid Plant has been blooming.  The flowers have been on the plant now for about two weeks.  It will be interesting to see how long the blossoms stay beautiful and it will be interesting to see how long it takes before it blooms again.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit today and I hope all of your flowers are blooming now in this beautiful Springtime.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend wherever you may be.





No comments:

Post a Comment