Thursday, December 27, 2012

Crochet Hat and Scarf Set


Have you ever tried to crochet?  If you do crochet then you know what a pleasure it is to find a crochet pattern,  pretty colored yarn,  the right size crochet hook, and then off you go to get started on your new fun project.

If you do not crochet and always wanted to learn,  it is much easier today to learn how to crochet than in the past.  There are online tutorials that are very easy to understand, such as in the link below: 

        
If you have a Wal-mart in your area they have a very nice "Learn to Crochet" how-to book. 


The above photo is a picture of my sweet daughter Sharon who came over for a quick visit between Christmas shopping.  She and her family, including 4 of our grandsons, only live about three miles away from our home.

I asked her if she would model the scarf and hat which I had just finished for my sister who lives in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.  Needless to say my sister loves this very bright apple-green color.  

The pattern is extremely quick and easy and is called:  Two Stitch Hat and Scarf Set.  I was going to share the pattern from my crochet pattern book with you, but read the Copyright information and that would be a no-no!  I checked with Amazon.com,  and they do have this pattern book available.

The pattern book is called: Noggins & Necks by Bonnie Barker and is available
at the below site,  at an amazingly low price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1574863975/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I did change the pattern a little by adding the tassels at each end of the scarf.

There are so many beautiful yarns available these days.  Michaels, JoAnn Fabric, Wal-mart and my favorite, Hobby Lobby,  all have a nice yarn department.  For me it is a treat to go into the yarn department and see all the amazing colors and styles of yarn.

 Below are photos of the next scarf I am working on.

For me it is nice to have something to do while sitting watching TV or a movie.   I have found  crocheting to be a very relaxing activity.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well!  I hope all is well with you as we approach these closing days of 2012.

I love the feeling of a new year coming.......  I feel like it is a clean slate with no mistakes, which is an inspiration to try to keep it that way and really try to do better.

Wishing you many blessings in these last few days of 2012.



1 comment:

  1. Wählen sie zum Beispiel in Fettdruck. Test yourself!

    my blog ... seo check onpage - -

    ReplyDelete