Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day



Happy 1st day of May!  It is hard to believe how time passes so quickly and we are already into a new month.  I think of May as the height of Spring, but to me it seems like Spring just started.

I think it is special that May Day is an ancient Spring festival and is celebrated all over the world.  I love being part of a special day that everyone celebrates together.  I especially like the fact that the day is a tribute to the amazing beauty of Spring all around us.

Gertrude Jekyll Rose

I went into the yard this morning looking for a first day of May blooming flower and saw this exquisite Gertrude Jekyll rose blooming in our side rose garden.   

This is a David Austin Old English Rose that I just love.  It is named after a famous English garden designer who has had a profound effect on the style of English garden designs.  The Gertrude Jekyll rose is known for the quintessential old rose fragrance.

I checked to see if this rose is still available and found a site where it can be ordered as well as many more beautiful David Austin Roses:
 

I do hope you have a wonderful first day of May and that this month brings you many special days and blessings.  

Happy May Day to you wherever you may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment