Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Dump Cakes and a Recipe

Years ago while visiting my sister I watched her make what she called a " Magic Dump Cake."  It was so amazingly easy I just knew it could not be very tasty.  After dinner she served the cake warm, with vanilla ice cream.   I was completely surprised how delicious her Dump Cake was.  She shared her recipe with me and I have made that cake many times over the years.  

I will share my sister's original Magic Dump Cake recipe with you later in this post.

My sister and her husband came for a nice Summer visit last week.  Remembering how much I liked her Dump Cake recipe,  she very thoughtfully brought me a recipe book called,  Quick and Easy Dump Cakes and More.


The publisher of Dump Cakes and More has requested that,  "no part of this book can be reproduced or quoted in whole or in part."   Because of that request I will just show you what one of the recipes from the book looks like without giving specific ingredients.

In case you would like to have one of these recipe books 
I did check with Amazon.com and they do have these books available.  
Also, my sister said she found this interesting book at Walmart.


As you can see from the ingredients shown in the above photo,  it is a Raspberry Cake. 
I use the Pam Olive Oil spray to keep the cake from sticking to the baking dish.



As you can see in the below photo the cake is all ready to go into the oven.
See how easy ... The cake mix is sprinkled over the top of the other ingredients.


Just out of the oven.


The icing was not part of the recipe,  but I thought it would be really delicious to add a whipped cream icing.  To make whipped cream icing ... just whip the whipping cream until thickened.  Then add vanilla and sugar to taste.  Be careful not to over beat the whipping cream.  The below photo shows the needed consistency.


The whipped cream icing was spread on the completely cooled cake 
and then additional raspberries were added.


Super easy and very delicious.


MAGIC DUMP CAKE

1  20-oz can Crushed Pineapple, undrained
1  21-oz can Cherry Pie Filling
1  box Yellow Cake Mix
1  cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into thin slices or melted

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Grease 9 x13 x 2  baking dish.
  • Dump undrained pineapple into bottom of pan and spread evenly.
  • Dump in cherry pie filling and spread evenly.
  • Dump or sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over all.
  • Sprinkle pecans over cake and press down a little with a fork.
  • Dot with slices of butter or pour melted butter evenly over top.  We use the sliced butter.
  • Bake 350 degrees for 48-53 minutes.
  • Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
If you try this recipe we hope you enjoy!

Wishing you many blessings during this beautiful Summertime wherever you may be.



No comments:

Post a Comment