Our local weather forecast calls for a couple of cold days and nights here in the deep South. On these chilly evenings it is easy to remember how warm and delicious a big bowl of Chili can be.
Years ago I made up a Chili recipe by adding to the ingredients on the back of the Chili Mix which was available at our local grocery store. There are different mixes available. The one in the below photo was somewhat different than the original one used. I prefer Chili mixes because they are perfectly seasoned.
I will include the recipe here in case you too would like to make a big
pot of Chili as we advance into more cooler weather.
1 package Chili Mix
1 package ground turkey (amount to your liking)
2 large cans chopped tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
2 cans red chili beans (drained and rinsed)
1 large onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
For Topping if you choose:
grated Cheddar cheese
- Saute onion and green pepper until tender.
- Add ground turkey and cook until done, draining any juices.
- Add tomatoes
- Add tomato paste
- Add Chili Mix and mix well. Add seasoning packet a little at a time until it tastes the way you like. It is easy to use too much seasoning!!
- Add the chili beans.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- If you wish you can sprinkle diced onions and Cheddar cheese over Chili.
- Some folks like Sour Cream spread on top as well.
As you can see the recipe is super simple and ready in no time at all.
If you make this recipe I hope you enjoy it as much as we did this evening.
I do hope you had a nice Monday. Wishing you many blessings as we all
enjoy this special Thanksgiving week.