Friday, February 9, 2018

Pink Perfection Camellias

Hello Everyone!  It was a relatively warm day today with temperatures about 56 degrees with a gentle breeze blowing. Somehow Mother Nature was calling me to come outdoors even though it was very chilly.  So I bundled up, got my hat, rake and clippers and took off to try to clean out some of the climbing rose bushes out on the front fence.  I did not even think about my camera so can't show you the before and after.  But, they do look so much better.

Walking around outside in the yard after working in the roses I noticed several of the camellia bushes were blooming.  It seems hard to believe that with the extreme cold winter we have had here in the South this year that any of the camellia buds on the bushes could have survived.

Pink Perfection Camellia

These beautiful Pink Perfection flowers date back to the late 18th century.   The 
flowers have formal double, medium-sized flowers which are perfectly formed.  

These beautiful flowers were the most popular camellias in Victorian days.


My dear sweet little Mother always loved this beautiful and perfect camellia.   Many years ago when we lost my dear Mother I wanted to plant a lovely camellia bush in her memory.  As I was walking around  outside today, I noticed the bush we had planted in her memory had begun to bloom and there were many buds on the tree.


With all the buds I saw on the bush today these lovely flowers should continue to bloom for another couple of weeks.

For you, my dear sweet Mother,  with all our love! 💞... We will never forget you! ❤️



1 comment: