There seems to be a lot of excitement swirling around because of the big Super Bowl football game tomorrow evening. When I went to the grocery store today and passed by the bakery department I saw where they had made multiple chocolate covered cakes in the shape of footballs. They were so pretty and festive.
Knowing my husband will be watching the game I wanted to make something good for him to have for a snack during the game. I remembered back to a recipe our daughter Stephanie often makes for everyone to enjoy while watching the FSU football games. It serves a lot of people and is so good. I thought you might like to have this recipe too.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 can "Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Chilies." (These can be found in the canned tomato section of the grocery.)
- 1 medium size box Velveeta cheese
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- In a medium size skillet brown sausage until well done. Drain well with paper towel.
- Cut entire block of cheese into cubes and put in with sausage.
- Don't drain the tomatoes. Spoon about one half of the tomatoes in with the sausage and cheese.
- Add full can of Cream of Mushroom Soup and stir thoroughly.
- Cook on low heat until cheese is melted. Stir often!
- Serve as a dip with Nacho Chips.
This is a quick and easy recipe and so delicious.
Hope you enjoy the game if you plan to be watching.
Later on I plan to have another TV going, because I do not want to miss the next episode of Downton Abby, if it comes on before the game is over.
Hope you have a good rest of your weekend wherever you may be. Thank you for stopping by for a visit.