Friday, April 22, 2016

A Super Yummy Meatloaf Recipe

A meatloaf recipe crossed my path a few days ago.  I can't remember where I saw the recipe to give credit where credit is due ... It may possibly have been on Facebook or somewhere else on the Internet.  I vaguely remember unsuccessfully trying to copy that recipe, so I wrote it down.  This is a little different than the original recipe, since I added some more ingredients that I thought would make it even better.

This recipe will be printed below so you can copy/paste if you too would like to try it out.

In the below photo we see the meatloaf almost ready to go into the oven.


One of the ingredients called for in this recipe is "1/2 cup of stuffing."  The recipe is not specific as to what kind of dressing,  so I used one of my favorites, which we see in the below photo.


Once all the ingredients were put together and the meatloaf was shaped and ready to go into the oven, I added the catsup/brown sugar mixture to the top of the meatloaf as seen below.


Super Yummy Meatloaf Recipe

1 ½ lb. ground beef (I used lean ground beef)
½ cup stuffing
1 egg
1 small can tomato sauce
1 whole small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper (not in original recipe – add to your taste … I added several sprinkles.
1/3 cup catsup
2 Tablespoons brown sugar

Mix stuffing, egg, tomato sauce, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper together very well.

Add ground beef to mixture.  I put on disposable plastic gloves and mixed the ingredients together with my hands until totally mixed.

Shape into a meatloaf shape or even make two small loaves. 

Add catsup/brown sugar mixture to top of meatloaf.

Bake 350 degrees for one hour.



My husband loved this meatloaf and said it was better than steak.  I'm not so sure about that, but it really was very good.

If you decide to try this recipe I hope you enjoy.  Have a blessed weekend wherever you may be.


No comments:

Post a Comment