Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Drive To Destin

It is almost back to school time here in North Florida.  School will begin in about two and a half weeks.  With that thought in mind my daughter Sharon and I decided to have a little mother/daughter time together while driving from Tallahassee to the shopping outlets over in Destin.  We found out there was a  huge sale going on, plus we had a card for an additional 40% savings for all sale items for one of her favorite stores for her boys.  Can you have anymore incentive than that!  Plus we both love to go to beautiful Destin.
 Highway 331
Bridge crossing over the Choctawhatchee Bay toward Highway 98.



We meandered around the shops and my daughter was successful in finding some nice sales and some nice items for her boys for their first week back to school.  They are going to look so cute!  After all these years,  I can still remember that special feeling of having something pretty and new to wear when school began again after the Summertime.  Oh! what fun memories!

 A peaceful evening at a boat dock along the Bay.


Since us girls were on a serious mission,
I did not grab my camera as I usually would have done for a drive over to Destin.


As we began our drive back home I was so disappointed not having my camera.  We brought the iPad for information and directions and decided to try to see how it would do in  capturing  some of this beauty along our route.


It was such a beautiful evening and I think the iPad did a very nice job
capturing this flaming sunset.


As I look at this sunset I am reminded of the beautiful lyrics of "Taps"  
we sang in our Girl Scout troop many years ago:

"Day is done, gone the sun,
From the lake, from the hills, from the sky;
All is well, safely rest, God is nigh."
Author Unknown

Wishing you much happiness and many blessing wherever you may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment